We are a society which acts as an ‘umbrella’ for all the other groups in the town concerned with conservation, heritage and development. We promote enthusiasm for and pride in our town’s history and heritage throughout the community.
The Society was set up for the following purposes in the borough of Hastings and St Leonards.
– Serve as an umbrella organisation for existing groups in the Town concerned with conservation, heritage and development, in order to improve communication between them, share resources, and assist with and encourage information exchange and publicity.
– Promote enthusiasm for, and pride in, the Town throughout the community.
– Celebrate the ‘Spirit of Hastings and St. Leonards’ and promote its recognition as one of England’s great historic towns
– Help care for the beauty of the Town’s natural setting.
– Work with the local authority, planning committees, voluntary organisations, charities, and other groups with similar aims to the Society, in planning for the Town’s future.
The society will
– Educate the public in the geography, history, natural history and architecture of the Town, through meetings, lectures, exhibitions and other events.
– Publish papers, reports and other literature
– Raise funds for local projects, by way of inviting and receiving contributions and donations for set purposes.