The Business Improvement District (BID) for Hastings town centre.
Business Improvement District (BID) is a business led and business funded scheme to improve a defined commercial area, such as Hastings Town Centre. Businesses based in Hastings Town Centre voted to establish a BID in November 2016. It was approved by a majority of businesses in the BID area who voted (72% in favour) following a confidential and formal ballot during Oct. / Nov. 2016. The Town Centre BID will have a five-year lifespan, which can be extended by subsequent ballots.
The BID empowers local businesses to ‘raise funds’ to be spent locally on improving their trading environment. In Hastings, the fund is expected to approximately total £1M over five years.
This consists of the Town Centre, Priory Meadow and Station Plaza, Queens Road and the America Ground and White Rock area. The BID Board will work to serve all these areas equally.
Aims and Objectives
- improve the Hastings experience for visitors, residents and businesses
- market the town as a great place to work, live, shop and visit
- provide a voice for the town centre’s businesses
- reflect the ethnic and cultural diversity of the town
- work with and mirror the sense of ambition of other groups in the town centre
- lever in more money from other sources to supplement the budget
7 Wellington Square
email – email@example.com
website – https://www.lovehastings.com/