Monday 25th February 2019 18:00 at the White Rock Hotel
1. Welcome from the Chair, and any apologies.
2. Update on the UNESCO World Heritage Site status proposal (Julia Hilton)
3. Report from the West Marina Partnership group on the work for a Neighbourhood Plan for the former bathing pool site (Virginia Vilela)
4. Short presentation by Colin Booth on his ‘Diving Tower’ project
5. Main topic: The Future of the St. Leonard’s Church building and surrounding area (presentation by Chris Lewcock, followed by general discussion)
St Leonards Church is a key architectural landmark within Burtons’ St Leonards and for the whole Town. Sadly it is now physically unsound and closed for religious use. West of the Church are St Leonards Steps, a main pedestrian route from the West Hill Road area to Marina. Unfortunately the steps are gradually slipping down the cliff and also in danger of closure. East of the Church and below the Burton Family graveyard there is a weedy wasteland and a long-neglected development site. A sorry picture. Secure uses and a future for this Listed Gilbert-Scott Church and its surrounds can and must be found, so that this becomes a seafront destination that the Town can be proud of. (C. Lewcock)
Free event. All welcome but please advise of your attendance in advance to the secretary ( email@example.com ) so that we have an idea of numbers.
Drinks purchased at the bar can be brought into the meeting. Please arrive in good time to purchase drinks before meeting commences.